Wednesday, April 25, 2012

exciting month


April is an important month in Japan. 

New school year starts in April not, September.
New employees start their new jobs in April. 
Fiscal year start in April. 

Cherry blossoms make us feel that spring is here and the weather is getting warmer. 
A lot of "new-ness" is felt everywhere you go.

There is a new building that is going to open tomorrow~
It is called Shibuya Hikarie.
It is a building that houses theatre, restaurants and cafes, shopping and a floor that is dedicated to arts and culture. There are offices spaces above and parking lots and the subway station should connect right below all of this.

I am trying to see when I can go check it out~

I get excited when I see buildings that are being built, and I can see the process. and yes I have shared it here before but it was two years ago when I took this photo.



A year later of so I took this.


This was also the same time I was preparing to do the pop-up store, at the department store right across from this one. We pack all the displays and everything else that we need and stack them up on the dolly so that we can take it inside and start setting things up.


Well, this time we had 3 white plastic containers and one cardboard box stacked up on each other and bound together with a durable rubber cable. 
You can see the similarity right?


The great and exciting thing is that there is a store that will carry some of the ileava jewelry, starting tomorrow! 

Yeah~!  I can't wait to go see it all!




In another month or so, there Tokyo Sky Tree will have its grand opening. Always a lot of exciting things happening in Tokyo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment